What Is the Flu? The flu—also known as influenza—is a virus that attacks a person’s respiratory system. There are three main types of flu—Flu A, Flu B and Flu C. However, Type A is the flu infection that causes the most outbreaks.
Symptoms of the Flu
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Muscle aches
- Stuffy nose
- Body aches
How Can the Flu Be Prevented?The flu shot 2019 is the single best way to protect your family from the flu this season. Even if you end up with the flu after getting a flu shot, you are more likely to experience less severe symptoms and the length of the illness is shortened. You also want to make sure you are washing your hands on a regular basis, eating a healthy diet and exercising to help boost your immune system.
Treatment of the Flu
- Take an antiviral medication, like Baloxavir Marboxil, if prescribed.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Drink lots of fluids, especially water.
- Treat your aches and fever with OTC meds.
- Sit in a steamy bathroom.
- Use a humidifier.
- Try lozenges for a sore throat.